Today is the day - the official start of the Around the World Challenge at my gym. I had The Husband snap some "Day 1" pics for me before I went to do my measurements this morning.
My "official" beginning measurements for the challenge:
Weight: 200.4 lbs (they made me weigh there, with clothes & after two meals ugh)
Body Fat %: 38.2%
My gym does this challenge every year, in the Spring, to encourage all of the newbies to keep working out & its a good kick in the tush for the rest of us. The dates this year are March 15th-April 26th. Each part of the challenge represents a continent & you get entered into a prize drawing for each continent you complete.
- North America Challenge is 330 sets on the circuit machines
- South American Challenge is 276 sets of core strength activities
- Australia Challenge is 378 sets on free weights
- Asia Challenge is 48 miles on the elliptical
- Europe Challenge is 150 miles on the bike
- Africa Challenge is 38 miles on the treadmill or rower
- Antarctica Challenge is 2100 floors on the StairMaster
They also give an award for body comp change at the end of the challenge & there's a chance to win if you log 30 hours of workout time at the gym.
So there ya have it folks! My workout goals for the next six weeks... I'll track my progress in the sidebar.
Does your gym do anything do anything similar or other special events to help keep you on track?